My serious interest in genealogy began when I was 50 years old and found out for the first time that the person I had grown up believing to be my father was not. It’s a long story. It involves lot’s of elements but several of them related to learning about available online resources for family research. I intend to blog on a variety of topics including:
- my personal quest to find my biological father
- successes I have had in genealogical reseach
- brick walls where I am stuck an seeking help from others
- recommendations to others on how to get the most out of the available online genealogical sites.
In addition and along the way I will blog about other interests, including
- visiting as many of our national parks as I can
- all things about manipulable puzzles
- Other topics of interest
Please feel free to contact me about anything you find of interest. I would particularly be interested in hearing from other LDA’s, late discovery adoptees. I have been able to help several people in this situation with suggestions and advice on dealing with this often difficult situation.